Monday, November 16, 2009

My World Is Foggy


Morning Fog by Jo.
(Photo:  Jo Smith on 11/11/09)


My World is foggy
-- sometimes.

I don't know if meteorologists make a distinction between fog and being enclosed by clouds. The effect is the same. Up here on a ridge in the Ozark Mountains were are sometimes up in the clouds. As you drive down into Bear Creek Valley, the fog/cloud dissipates. Driving along the valley floor you are free of fog with a low, overcast sky overhead.






.
Share/Bookmark

10 comments:

Dina said...

Nice foggy picture. Fog is fun except when you have to drive through it.

Sylvia K said...

Great, gray shot, Marvin! Looks like Seattle today!

Don't get lost in the fog!

Sylvia

Jeannette StG said...

This is a stunning pic! Thank you Jo for sharing! (being glad there's no fog here - it looks like the kind that does not clear up later in the day:) )

My name is Riet said...

That is a great picture. Love that fog.

Joe Todd said...

I played golf in fog like that once. I lost a lot of golf balls

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Great capture Jo. I feel enveloped by this cloud.

Snap said...

I love the fog -- if I don't have to drive in it! It gives me a magical, mystical feeling. Thanks!

Pat - Arkansas said...

A lovely photo, Jo! I'm quite fond of fog -- if I don't have to drive in it!

Marvin: If I had to choose between being in the clouds or being in a fog, I choose the first. :)

Rambling Woods said...

We have experienced this when driving through the mountains of southern NY and northern PA.. I would rather watch it from my house then drive in it....Michelle

Lana Gramlich said...

I've always loved fog. Whenever it rolled in from Lake Erie I'd either make my way to the beach or the nearby woods. Nothing like nature in the quiet, cool fog.