Thursday, March 01, 2007

Splitting A Little Firewood

With rain and a little cooler weather in the forecast, I decided to split a little firewood on Wednesday. This was a stubborn piece. I've got one wedge driven in and beginning to drive a second. The round had split fairly easily up until this point, but as it turned out, this piece contained an old, grown-over branch making splitting a little more difficult.

We went all the way until evening before getting a fire going in the wood stove. I kept thinking (hoping?) that the sun was going to break through the clouds and make a fire unnecessary. (As you can see, our firewood supply is getting low, and I still haven't gotten my chainsaw running again.) The sun did peak through several times, but never long enough to do and appreciable warming, leaving us with a windy, damp, mid-sixties day.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments: